Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mess w/ the Times

Hey! For the 2 or 3 of you what were wondering what became of my old print zine "Dirty Undies/Dirty Minds", should know that it's done and dusted.. One and a half issues and some 110-150 copies of earnest embarassment tidily shipped around to every which corner of our lovely lil' world to the homes of folk just like YOU. Issue number 2? The Albert Ayler/Oz-Xperimental ed.??..Ha! It's as good as dust. Alice, the great "zine explosion" of Australia circa-2007 reduced to an already yellowing stack of B&W, a humble footnote; its various participants off to bigger and BETTER places (like the internet). Ok, maybe I'm talkin'a little premature and all, I hear that a new "Not Guilty" is well on its way (C'mon Beau), and I'm as sure as Shirley that there'll be enough future issues of DISTORT pasted/printed so as to satisfy even the most curmudgeonly of pro-paper, anti-web, bed-sittin' purists. Still, one would have to be hard of sight and plain fuckin' ignorant to not notice the lack of printed material documenting what's happening TODAY in the (sorry for still clingin' to the term) "underground". There's too much sick shit going on right NOW music wise for me to even keep up, let alone not feel inclined to up and write about... even if it for reasons I don't quite get or care to understand myself.. So hey, if ya can't beat em'....
Primtive Twist, the would-be title for my next actual print zine, which I swear is still cummin' (look for it sometime over the next, uh..3 years?), and the right-now name of this here "blog", which I think you will dig just as much. This thing will focus once again on the writ of killer tunes and esoteric bullshit, of good eats and good-bad music. It'll be my sole outlet for such until I can muster up the energy and uh.. inclination to rip the scissors and glue outta premature retirement. Feel free to drop me a line at either dirtyalley AT msn DOT com, or the email address linked to this page. I'd LOVE to hear from YOU, whatever the "nature" of yer writ. Expect posts to appear sporadically at first, I have a tonne of so-far unpublished nosense to spill out for ya's.. Convenience is king, thank god for the internets. Oh, and thangs fer readin'!

No comments: